Saturday, October 20, 2012

Revamp your Dining Suite

I inherited a dining suite from my beautiful cousin Marian Ruri to help stage a house project that I'm involved in with some good friends.  Problem is, I wasn't completely feeling it.  The table itself had it's own vintage look but the chairs wasn't my cup of tea.  Reality check .. I didn't want to spend a lot of money to give it a face lift.  Hmm what to do ...


Grab some old fabric, a staple gun with at least 10 mm staples and look to revamp.


I already had some black and white fabric at home so I simply cut it to size ensuring the pattern on the chairs would all be facing the right direction.


I trimmed the fabric to get a better fit and simply stapled the underside ensuring the fabric wasn't loose on the seat itself.


I completed one seat to see how it looked ... result ... 1000 times better than the original fabric


So I carried on and completed the remaining three seats.


I painted the chairs white with some left over paint from our house project (actually the colour is powdered white which has a slight grey/purple tint to it).


And kept the table it's wonderful wood finish.



I am so pleased with the finished result and couldn't believe it was the same chairs.  Even Marian didn't recognise her dining suite in any of the photo's I took.  I'm already thinking about giving my 8 seater dining suite a facelift :-)

Have a great day!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment