Friday, September 26, 2014

Lounge - Revealed

It's taken a little while for me to reveal the lounge.   I'm still moving furniture around, experimenting with different artwork and I think it'll be a little longer before I'm completely happy with everything.

The colours used had to compliment the existing carpet throughout the house which consisted of black, taupe & blue.  All colours are from the dulux range.  Feature wall is Taihape, fireplace, ceiling & architraves is aoraki quarter with the main wall colour being sandfly point.  

I have a little collection of pottery and artwork so wanted shelving on either side of the fireplace to house my collection.  The idea of the black wall was to form a backdrop that allowed some of my collection to be the feature as oppose to the wall itself.



















There is still a bit to do with the lounge to get it right, but for now, I'm really happy with the finished result.  It's such a transformation and has changed to whole feel of the home.

Happy living people!








No comments:

Post a Comment