Sunday, October 12, 2014

Art Deco Goes Shabby Chic

My mum has owned a beautiful oak glass cabinet for years and I've always loved it.  It sat downstairs in her living space for as long as I can remember with only one fault.  The original handle had broken and been replaced with a hideous plastic one.

One day, in her quest of "cleanse her home" for more goodies, she said I could have the cabinet.  I just needed to come and pick it up.  I said once I find the right place for it, I'll come and get it.  That was over 6 years ago and the right place is in my new lounge and it looks great!!

In saying this, my mother wasn't all that impressed when she turned up to view it in the lounge and found that I had painted it grey, but time is helping her get over it :-)






Happy living people!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment