Saturday, December 20, 2014

Sugar Scrubs - Heaven

For the past few years my girls and I have presented home made xmas gifts to our friends and family.  I first blogged about it in JUST ADD ICE CREAM  then again in HOMEMADE XMAS PRESENTS.

One of my favourite things to include is homemade sugar scrubs.  I use two recipes.  They really are a wonderful gift to give, especially to someone who needs a little self pampering over the summer holidays.  Most importantly, it's VERY simple to make.  Both recipes need only three ingredients and realistically you can add whatever fragrance you like.  The choices are endless.

BUTTERSCOTCH SUGAR SCRUB
1 cup of brown sugar
1/3 to 1/2 cup of olive oil
20 drops of vanilla essential oil OR 1 tblspn of vanilla extract.

ORANGE SUGAR SCRUB
1 cup of castor sugar
1/2 cup of coconut oil (in a liquid form)
20 drops of orange essential oil (I replace orange with spearmint too)

The method for both recipes is simple.  Place the sugar into a bowl, add enough oil and mix so that the consistency is soft and sugar is not quite dissolved.  Add the essential oil and mix again.  The mixture should not be too dry.  Place into a jar, or container and apply as little or as much as you want to the body whilst showering.  Your skin will feel soft and wonderful I can assure you.

Orange Sugar Scrub


Butterscotch Sugar Scrub


  
Because I make bulk at xmas time, I find it easier to place them into individual plastic containers to make sure they fit into the gifts boxes I have.

Happy loving people!!







No comments:

Post a Comment