Saturday, February 27, 2016

Hutch Makeover

I purchased a hutch dresser for $30 off trademe over 18 months ago with the view to give it a new life.   At the time of purchase it needed some serious TLC as it had been stored at a diary farm shed for a number of years.  It had a bad brown/orange 80's look which I really wasn't feeling, but it also had some interesting detail which I thought would be interesting.

Sadly it sat in our shed for 18 months before my husband and I gave it a good clean up.  He repaired what needed doing, while I sorted the colour scheme.  My choice being Annie Sloan duck egg blue for the outside of the dresser and Annie Sloan graphite for the inside of the shelves, drawers, cupboards and handles.  I finished the graphite with dark wax, while the duck egg blue is finished with clear wax.

There was a bit of discussion whether to keep the doors on the upper part of the dresser, but we decided it would be better left off.  What do you think?


Inside the house
I had originally thought of selling this piece, but as usual once it was finished we all fell in love with it inside the house.

Happy living peeps!!


No comments:

Post a Comment