Saturday, May 21, 2016

Summer Fruit Syrup

I have had a number of requests come through to me asking about the recipe for the fruit syrup that I use on my COCONUT PANNA COTTA so thought I would post it up for everyone.  It's pretty simple and very very tasty.

Ingredients
1/4 cup of orange juice
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 stalks of lemongrass, thinly chopped
3 whole star anise

Method
Put everything into a pot and bring it to a boil over a medium heat, stirry to dissolve the syrup.  Simmer for 2 mintues then cool, cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.

When you are ready to serve, strain the syrup, discarding the lemongrass.  Pour over your fruit and let it sit for at least 30 mintues to let the flavours mingle.

Alternatively you can poach your fruit in the syrup.  Just make sure to strain it properly before serving onto the panna cotta.

Happy living peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment