Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Frangipani Cake

I was asked by a cousin to make a cake for a very special person.   Debrief was, German Chocolate Cake and her favourite flower is a frangipani.

Hmmm, german chocolate cake I can do, but I'd never made any edible frangipani flowers before ... ooooo a challenge!!!  So off I went to my favourite cake supplier to look for the tools I needed.

That night I set to moulding them and surprisingly they didn't take that long. I let them set over night and then got to painting them.  The end result I think turned out great!!!

















I was so impressed with it and so were a few others.  I received a request for a similar cake for a small intimate wedding by another cousin and I'm so happy with how this cake turned out as well.




If you feel you want to give the frangipani cake a go, then I highly recommend it.  Go for it!!!

Have a great day people.


No comments:

Post a Comment