Saturday, January 12, 2013

Turn Old Bottles Into New

Yet another opportunity presented itself when I needed a quick decor fix for another project.  It's fair to say I have a small collection of jars but not so many bottles ... so I set out to investigate what could be done.

First I started with my new favourite website - Pinterest to see what ideas other bloggers had pinned.  What I found was inspiring to say the least.







The big question was, do I paint the inside or the outside? as both provide a very different finish.  

My decision was to paint the inside so that the natural glass can still come through.  I used paint I already had - because this was a quick fix and used a silver tray I picked up at the local habitat shop for $1 (I have other ideas for that tray, but it served it's role well in this project).

I'm so happy with the results, that next time I'll try to add different colour to the paints to add a different dimension.




Have a great day people!!




1 comment:

  1. Very kewl - I like it and am now inspired. Thanks :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete