Saturday, June 28, 2014

Old Lampshade Gets Revamped

I picked up an old floor lamp base from a second hand shop for a couple of dollars and bought it home.  The vision was to give it a new lease of life by painting it with a shabby chic look, I just needed a shade.

To my surpris, trying to find the right shade is quite an expensive exercise, particularly if you want the right colour or shape - either second hand or brand new I might add.

While standing in the aisle at the local warehouse, I spotted a shade that I liked, but I wasn't feeling the colour.  Instant thought?  Why don't I just paint the shade to?  Surely there's a paint out there that can do that?  Sure enough, there was - Annie Sloan - VERY versatile indeed and I'm in love with it!!



The before photo

The After Photo
Annie Sloan has a range of colours which are wonderful AND a little goes a long way.  I chose the colour french linen for the shade & pure white for the base and I'm really happy with the final result - I just need to ask my wonderful electrician to do his thing by adding the plug - something he says is pretty easy to do.  

Happy living people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment