Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Turn Old Bottles Into New - Upcycled

I am getting into up cycling at the moment.  Well if I'm to be honest with myself, I have been into up cycling for a while.  It's just a matter of getting it done.  Enter a renovation project that required a quick and inexpensive decor fix.

I'm searching around my home to find bits and pieces I could use and stumble across the bottles I up cycled back in my blog TURN OLD BOTTLES INTO NEW.  In that blog, I used white and coloured the inside, but the bottles lacked personality.  

This time I decided I needed colour to make a statement.  I dug out the test pot of Curious Cove that I purchased from Bunnings and used on my outside pots.  I blogged about this colour in JUST ADD POTTED COLOUR.  Its a dulux colour which is just lovely!!  I painted the outside of the bottles and for added personality I gave them a slight shabby chic look.  PLUS because these bottles are for staging a home, I added some awesome artificial roses.  The difference was quite astounding.

Original up cycled Bottles

Up cycled version of the same bottles

Bottles displayed in the bedroom
I love the final result and they really do look lovely displayed in the room.  So if you are stuck for ideas for a quick and cheap fix for colour to add to your decor or for a special party, try painting some old bottles, jars or cans.  You won't be disappointed.

Happy living people


No comments:

Post a Comment