Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fireplace Chairs Get A New Lease On Life

So my wonderful husband has a NEW SHED, but now it's getting pretty full with my stuff!  (which he isn't too impressed with).  So time to apply some lovin by doing a little upcycling and maybe look to let some of my collections go to a new home.

One of my latest creation is two beautiful fireplace arm chairs.  They were fairly rustic to begin with, but they had great bones.  I decided to recover them with a nice french linen I picked up at spotlight and paint the frames - yip you guessed it, with paint from the Annie Sloan range.  This time I chose graphite and finished it off with with clear & dark wax.

Judge for yourself, what you think of them?



Before - in their rustic state

Finished view from the front
View from the back


View from the side .. with upholstery tacks

Both chairs finished
This was a real learning curve for me as I'd never done anything in this scale before, but my wonderful mum motivated me to give it a go, and I'm really happy with the results.  The chairs are really quite comfortable and are great for sitting out on the front porch and reflecting in the sun.  Of course they are too good to leave out there on a regular basis, and unfortunately I have no room in my house for them to live permanently. 
Yes over the years I collected lots of different things and I have to admit, buying 9 acres gave me lots of potential to collect more :-)  But sadly, these babies will need to find a new home somewhere but for now, I am just enjoying learning from the experience.
Happy living people!


No comments:

Post a Comment