Friday, January 9, 2015

First Of The Summer Peaches

My dwarf peach trees have been coming along quite nicely this year.   I blogged about them in SPRING BLOSSOMS and again in AWAITING THE FRUITS OF OUR LABOUR.

One tree in particular has produced better than the other two in terms of the size of the fruit and I just had to share some photo's of the crop we picked from it.  I say we because my cousin Marian has been staying with us and enjoying the joys of what the Ponderosa has to provide over the past couple of weeks.

Marian picking the crop from the small tree - the basket isn't even half full yet!

The fruit from the one dwarf peach tree

I was so impressed with the volume of peaches, especially from such a small tree I just had to send a photo of the basket to my husband.  His response 'HECK!'

The birds have gotten to a couple of the fruit so Marian has plans to slice the good bits off and caramelise them for a yummy dessert!!!  The rest will be devoured au naturel

Happy living peeps!!


No comments:

Post a Comment