Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mana - The Power Of Knowing Who You Are

I've been reflecting on my wonderful journey over the easter break on Te Tira Hoe o Waikato.  I blogged about this on WAIKATO TE AWA.

Since that blog I've received a number of questions about the experience and in particular how beneficial it truly was.  

My beautiful cousin Marian attended a Tedx presentation a few months ago at the local university and spoke about her experience the next day over lunch.  I have seen some pretty inspirational Ted talks online and was impressed to see that the concept was being adopted here in the Waikato discussing very real New Zealand topics and issues.  

The next day I saw the following Tedx presentation made by Tama Iti who has seen and experienced some very real issues for maori and more importantly his Tuhoe people.  

For most New Zealanders, Tama Iti comes with mixed views.  An activist, a terrorist, a criminal, an artist, a writer or just a man fighting to keep the essence of what is important to him and more importantly for his people.

The title of the presentation is Mana - The Power Of Knowing Who You Are.



After viewing this video, it made me reflect on many things in my life and what was important to me.  It made me reflect on whether the direction in my life is the right one and more importantly seek advice from those who have lived this life far longer than I have. 

It made me reflect on my easter weekend on Te Tira Hoe o Waikato and inspired me to do something more than just blog about it.  It made me think about the people that surround me and how together we can empower each other to strengthen the commonalities we share.

I am pretty happy with what I found in my reflection but know there is much to improve on.  I have shared some of my views with people who share the same values and ideas as I do and together I am excited with what the future brings for us - watch this space!!

Happy loving, living & learning peeps!!




No comments:

Post a Comment