Friday, May 15, 2015

Two of Us

It's been nearly a week since mothers day and I just had to share this great story on my blog.  You see on  Monday I walked into the office and was inundated with emails and private facebook messages from old friends and colleagues about a wonderful article I had written.

Thinking most of them were referring to my blog I didn't really think anything was out of the ordinary until they mentioned it was about mothers day.  Hmmm ... now I was a little confused as I didn't recall doing an article on mothers day!

I googled the article and read it.  It was a lovely piece  .. a tribute to those mothers who had gone too soon.  Then I saw where the confusion was.  My name on the article as the author.  I knew I didn't write the piece and I knew the author wasn't a mistake either.  

The solution?  To my surprise there is someone who shares my name.  This might not be a big deal to some people, but to me it is.  Let's face it, Delwyn isn't the most popular of names and to have my surname as well, what are the odds?   I chuckled and shared my findings with a couple of people sitting around me.  In return one responded saying how relieved she was.  Puzzled I asked why ... she replied "I know your mum and felt sad when I read the article". I reassured her that my mum was very much alive and even gave her mum's number to make contact.

Yes Monday was an interesting day for me.  If you are keen to read the article, then click HERE.


Happy learning peeps


No comments:

Post a Comment