Sunday, January 31, 2016

Chicken With White Wine & Bacon


Nigella has to be one of my favourite cooks, mainly because she's all about the flavour and less about the fancy stuff.  My thoughts are, just get it done so you can sit down and enjoy the food with great company.

This is a prime example of one of her recipes that just so happened to pop up on my instagram feed.  I looked it up online and it had 4 ingredients.  Simple so based on all the great feedback I immediately thought I have got to try this.  


As always, I didn't quite have what she asked in her recipe so I had to improvise.  Her recipe calls for chicken schnitzel, which is simply chicken breasts flattened but I much prefer the boneless thigh because it has so much more flavour.  I also didn't have any garlic infused olive oil so my recipe has 5 ingredients as opposed to her 4.


Ingredients

1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic - thinly sliced
4 rashes of streaky bacon - thinly sliced
4 boneless chicken thighs
100 mlx of white wine

Method

Add the olive oil to a pan then throw in your sliced bacon and garlic.  Cook until the bacon is nice and crisp, then take out of the pan and set aside leaving as much of the pan juices in the pan.

Making sure the pan is hot, throw in your chicken thighs and cook until the juices run clear.  Make sure you turn so that both sides are nice and golden.  Take the chicken out of the pan and place on a serving platter.


Place the pan back on the heat and add the wine and bacon making sure to deglaze the pan with all the goodness from the bottom of the pan.  Pour everything over the the chicken and serve immediately.


Serves 4


Happy loving peeps!







No comments:

Post a Comment