Monday, January 25, 2016

DIY Drift Wood Art

Back in November 2014 we took a trip to the south island visiting Queenstown and Wanaka which was just wonderful.  We sat on the shores of Lake Wanaka to take in the beauty it had to offer.  During that time, Jayden and I collected some drift wood that had washed ashore along with some stones and decided to bring them back home.  "What are you going to do with that"  Aaliyah said to me.  "hmmm ... I'll think of something"  I thought.

Just over 12 months later and Aaliyah's question is answered!!




It was pretty easy to make.  I simply drilled a hole in each piece and threaded some craft string through making sure to knot it on both ends.  I also made sure there was enough string to hang the piece.  A quick rotate of each piece of wood to give it balance ... and it's done.

It was a quick fix decor idea for my verandah .. and who knows, I might end up pulling it apart at some stage and making something else.

Happy living peeps!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment