Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Happiest Holidays

As soon as you wish the xmas holidays would hurry up and happen, they go by so quickly you find yourself wishing they didn't end and you didn't have to go back to the reality of work!!

Today is my first day back at work and I find myself reflecting on how great the holidays were for me and my whanau.  The girls were determined to head to Matarangi for new years but for me and Gig, we were happy to go with the flow.

The end result?  Xmas in Hamilton, New Years in Matarangi, then road tripping north to the Kaipara, Hokianga, Northland, Bay of Islands and everywhere in between - not to mention day trips to Raglan and back to Coromandel.  

It was such a wonderful time to spend with whanau and friends during this time that I thought I'd share some photo's taken of my holidays.

Xmas Eve on the Ponderosa

 
DIY Xmas Gifts - From Me

DIY Xmas Gifts - From the Girls


Believe it or not we had to do our hay the afternoon of Xmas Day... whanau weren't happy
Bright moon on Xmas evening
View from my deck on Boxing Day
Heading out for a days fishing & diving from Te Kouma


Fishing the mussel farms in the firth

Matarangi Beach - Low tide

Matarangi - New Years Eve ... Chilling before the big night
 
No need to water the gardens with all the rain that came on new years day!

Stuck in traffic heading north due to a major car accident
Holiday problems in Maropiu - cleaning the shed & washing the cover sheets
View from the shed in Maropiu.  Loved listening to Kiwi and Morepork throughout the night
Another view of Maropiu ... listening to Tui all day from the shed
Kai Iwi Lakes. Such a special place for my whanau #nothappythewaterlevelsaredownsolow
Opononi!! Absolutely stunning
Ahipara on a rainy day.  Still as wonderful as ever
Ahipara - I took this photo as a fishing trawler was pretty close in land :-(
Moureeses Bay - Surfs Up in Whananaki


Mangaiti Bay - No panoramic view used for this shot
The homestead in Mangaiti Bay - A great example of sustainable living.

View looking down on the vegetable gardens, fruit trees & miniature horses
Whananaki
Me time with my sister at the movies - first day back home!  #shemissedme

Hydrangea's everywhere!  An inexpensive way to have fresh flowers.  Pick roadside, I do!

Day trip to Raglan - Whale Bay & Indicators - I just love this photo!
Happiest Holidays from the my homies

One thing is definite with my travels these holidays is that we really are apart of something special with our beautiful country.  #NZissuchanamazingplace #whanautime #makingmemories #livelovelearn

Happy living peeps!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment