Friday, February 6, 2015

Coffee Table Or Dining Table

Living in the homestead on the Ponderosa has meant that we have had to make a few changes.  One of which is letting go of our beautiful 8 seater square dining table we've had for many years.  We first bought the set when we extended our first home in Ngaruawahia, which had a large open living/dining space, big enough to house it.

When we designed our next home in Hamilton, we made sure there was more than enough space for it, however the Ponderosa hasn't provided that luxury.  Even with our extension plans, unfortunately the big square dining suite is not included.

Upon letting go of that, I decided to look at what other furniture we had to see if we could replace the square dining suite with a rectangle piece until the extension comes into a reality.

Remember the chairs I upcycled in IS NEW BETTER THAN OLD?  Yip, I have 4 of them and after the renovation of our lounge, our large rimu coffee table found itself in storage in the shed, so my husband came up with this brilliant idea of using the top of it.  We sourced a suitable table frame from Waiuku that just so happened to be missing a table top. 

Colour of choice for me was Annie Sloans Paris Grey finished with clear wax and a slight bit of dark wax.  I decided to keep the top in it's rimu form because I just couldn't bring myself to paint it.  I picked up some lovely chair cushions from local Warehouse store to complete the look!!









Although we can't fit 8 people nicely around this piece, it does seat 6 comfortably and I really am happy with the final result.  As for the replacement of the chairs for my outdoor set ... I'll save that for another blog!

Happy living peeps!!





No comments:

Post a Comment