Saturday, February 7, 2015

Healthy Paleo Berry Smoothie


My husband has been following a paleo lifestyle for a few years now.  I blogged about it briefly in MY I-C-E Challenge - Cancer Awareness.

To him it was a lifestyle change for the better and the lifestyle fits in really well with our life on the Ponderosa.  As time has progressed, I find that myself and my daughters are now finding more paleo friendly recipes to experiment with and we are enjoying the benefits of having more energy.

This recipe is something really quick and easy to prepare when you're on the run to work in the morning OR if you need a quick energy boost before some exercise. 

It's delicious and I find I experiment with the different berries I have available in my fridge or freezer.  If you don't have berries, then that's ok.  Add mango, peaches or whatever you have.  If you are using tinned fruit, make sure they are in water and not syrup.

Ingredients
1/2 to 1 can of coconut water (no more than 350 mls)
1 banana
6 - 12 raw almonds
One handful of strawberries (or whatever berries you have fresh or frozen)
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of manuka honey dependant on your sweet tooth

Method
Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.

Pour and enjoy!

Happy living peeps!




No comments:

Post a Comment