Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Radish Relish


With radishes being such an easy and fast vegetable to grow from seed in your garden, within 4 weeks you have an abundance at your fingertips.  I find I have to use them while they are quite young or else they can become quite woody and end up as chicken food to the chickens.

Before xmas I found myself in that very predicament.  I was right in the middle of making my xmas pressies so I decided to include a new relish recipe to keep on top of my radish crop I had.

This relish is so simple to make and I guarantee you will adore the end result.

Ingredients
1 kg of radishes
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
2 cups of white wine vinegar
2 thumb lengths of fresh ginger, grated
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon of mustard seed
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper

Method
Wash the radishes thoroughly and place them into a food processor with the onion and garlic.  Pulse until the mixture is finely chopped.

Place the remaining ingredients into a pot.  Let it come to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.  Add the finely chopped radish, garlic & onion.  Bring it back to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.

Let the mixture cool slightly, then add it too a large sterilised jar to store in the fridge.

Happy living peeps!!



No comments:

Post a Comment