Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Headboard Gets Makeover

Last year, me and my whanau decided to take a detour back from Auckland via Pukekohe.  The day was beautiful and I found a cool secondhand shop.  My daughter Aaliyah rapidly tried to steer me away from going in, but to no avail.  Just as I was looking around, an old headboard arrived, so I grabbed it at a bargain.  $20 to be exact.  I couldn't believe it.

We had to seriously think about how we were going to get it home.  This thing was huge.  Solution - electrical tape, roof racks and a very slow drive home.

The piece itself was pretty funky and Aaliyah wasn't feeling it at all to begin with.  "What are you going to do with it" she said.  My imagination ran wild.  I originally had ideas of reupholstering it, but finally decided to simply paint it.   In fact, Aaliyah liked my idea so much, the headboard has gone into her room.

Her colour of choice, annie sloan pure white and paris grey.
 
I would've liked to shabby chic the headboard to show the detail more, but Aaliyah wasn't having a bar of it.  She likes it just how it is.

The photo's really don't give it justice as it looks stunning in the room.  I am pretty happy with this piece and my husband is glad too as it's cleared some space in his shed.

Happy living peeps!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow it looks amazing Del. You've inspired me. Thanks Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee. I really couldn't believe how awesome it came out .. and the pictures really don't give it justice!

      Delete