Monday, March 9, 2015

Paleo Mayonnaise




Homemade mayonaise has always scared me because I thought it was such a drama ensuring you got the right consistency.  That was until I found this recipe, or should I say, my husband found it.  Not only is it quick and easy, but it's delicious, healthy and extremely versatile.  Once this basic mayonnaise is done, you can add any additional herbs or spices to match whats on your menu.  


Ingredients

1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon of dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup of olive oil

Method
Place all the ingredients except the olive oil, into a small glass bowl and whisk until nicely combined and the egg yolk has thickened slightly.

Add the olive oil in a steady slow stream whilst whisking continuously until the oil is combined and the mayonnaise is thick and creamy.

Makes approximately 1 cup of mayonnaise.

Happy living people!




No comments:

Post a Comment