Sunday, June 28, 2015

Freshen The Chicken Coop

Sometimes the chicken coop can get a little on the funky side, particularly in the heat of the summer days, or when your sawdust is getting a little low and needs some swapping out.

I read somewhere that a good solution is to place fresh herbs in the sawdust to help eradicate bad bugs.  I've tried this out a couple of times, but with my herb garden still needing a little time to help boost it's yield, I haven't done it as much as I could.  That is until my rosemary hedge needed a good prune back.  Not only did I have enough to place in the sawdust, I also hung some in the coop.


The scent of the rosemary in the coop was wonderful, and proved a little funny one night when the girls went to clean the coop and check for eggs.  Not knowing it was there, they opened the door at dusk and got the shock of their lives.  :-)  A little story to laugh about with them in their older years

Happy living peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment