Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Loving Life On The Ponderosa

Winter can be a very depressing time particularly as the weather is cold and mostly wet BUT I must say, I've been enjoying the lovely sunny weather lately, that's for sure.

I took this photo a few weeks back when I was checking the "snail" mail and it made me reflect on my journey at the Ponderosa, which after all is the reason I started this blog.

If I am to be truly honest with myself, I first got the idea about recording specific moments in my life from a beautiful lady called Judy that I worked with at the New Zealand Defense Force about 20 years ago.  She was going through a period in her life where her husband was gone, her children had grown and her grandchildren were just starting to blossom.   I was sitting having a cup of tea with her when she told me her story of her father's diary and how beneficial it was for her much later in her life.   It had such an impact on her, that she made a choice to do something similar.

At the end of her story she looked at me and gave me some advice I'll never forget.  "Record and share your thoughts, your memories, your love, your passion, your friends, your family, your life, your history, your emotions, your connections.  But don't record it for your benefit, do it for your children and grandchildren for them to ponder and understand your take on life through your own eyes.  They will ponder on your thoughts long after you have gone so make sure you do it right and make sure it has a purpose"

The Ponderosa ... In it's winters glory

Since then I've recorded pieces of my life and one day I might choose to share my past journey's on this blog or I may choose to share those with just a selective few.

Whatever the outcome, Judy taught me a few things and I am so humbled to have recieved her wonderful advice.  I'm definitely loving living on the Ponderosa and learning each and every day.



Happy living peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment