Thursday, June 4, 2015

Spring Bulbs

If you are a keen gardener then you'll know that autumn is the time that most of the garden work gets done from preparing soil, to pruning, to planting to everything in between.  Right now, I have 4 gardens on the go awaiting for me to finish them before xmas and at least 3 of them are 90% completed.  The other one needs some extra work so I'll need to dig deep on that one.

Anyway, I'm a sucker for spring flowers and nothing talks spring more than daffodils BUT this year I've ventured out further into new and undiscovered territory.  One day when walking through the warehouse with my daughter Jayden, I stumbled over this heavenly display of spring bulbs.  Feasting on my moment of vulnerability, Jayden proceeded to convince me that we needed nearly every type of bulb available :-)  Crocus, daffodils, iris, tulips, freesias and ranuculus.  100's and 100's and 100's and 100s of bulbs.  When I got home, reality hit me and when it came time to plant them .. Jayden was no where to be seen!

A display of some of the bulbs

I managed to plant them all around the Ponderosa with the exception of the iris, daffodils and tulips.  I have visions of the tulips going into some pots because they are so high maintenance and have to be collected at the end of their flowering life and stored away.  The iris will line part of my west garden and I haven't quite decided on the daffodils yet.  I have a couple of weeks left before winter sets in for good and I can't wait until spring to see their beauty!

Happy living peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment