Monday, June 8, 2015

The Hubby Is Hooked

I picked up this little side table for cheap as chips from a student who was finishing studies and moving back home.  It had definitely seen better days and needed some serious TLC.  It quickly got placed in the shed with great plans to give it a new lease of life.  Days went by, followed by weeks, then months as we worked on other projects around the Ponderosa.

The other day I came home to find my wonderful husband had decided he wanted the little side table next to his favourite rocking chair by the fire.  So ... he had given the little gem a new couple of coats of paint.  Colours of choice ... Annie Sloan florence, duck egg blue and paris grey.  He was right in the middle of giving the shabby chic effect when he promptly told me, I had to finish it off while he went for a ride with Aaliyah to her work.

A coat of clear wax and dark wax with some more work on the shabby chic look and it was finished.  Check it out!!



Unfortunately I didn't get any before photo's but I'm pretty happy with the finished result and think it looks a thousand times better. 

Happy living peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment